“Scouting motivates our young people to achieve their full potential” Nelson Mandela
The Scout Association has implemented a new online administrative system called Compass that all groups in the UK have to use. Compass is a place to keep all members information safe and secure, and allow them to link it up to Scout’s progress in badges and awards, as well as having the latest emergency contact or medical details in one place.
The 23rd Bromley are asking parents/guardians to provide information about their child to help complete their record on Compass. We do of course have most of the information from when your child joined, but this is a good opportunity to refresh our records and double check they are correct. It also means we can ensure that we hold the same information for all Young People in the group, so that there will be no need to fill in any forms when you child moves up to another section.
As a group we now have the task of importing information for all of our youth members (around 150 in total!) into Compass. In order to make this task as easy as possible for us, we request that you take a moment to fill in form at the link below. It should take no more than 10 minutes, and can even be done on a mobile device.
- A separate form must be completed for each child you have at the 23rd Bromley.
- If your child is in the processes of moving up to another section, please select their new section.
- All fields set as required have been made mandatory by the Scout Association, and unfortunately we don’t have any influence on this. However if there are any required fields that you really can’t complete, please just put N/A.
- All data stored will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act - more info here.
- Further information about Compass can be found here.
If you know of anyone who hasn't received this email, please forward it onto them.